Saturday, February 23, 2008

Collin's Adoption is Final!!!















Hello Everyone! Most of you know we went to court a few weeks ago to finalize Collin's adoption. We arrived early in the morning and were one of about three other families finalizing adoptions that day. We went before the judge and had to answer a few questions under oath and it was done. Pretty simple and quick.

They let friends and family come up to the front and be there with us! It was a sweet time and one I will never forget.

The next day we had a party to celebrate everything being final. I included pictures from both the court hearing and the party.

Although Collin has been ours from the beginning and we were not worried that anything would happen, it is very nice to have this last thing behind us. Every time I look at our son I see grace. To me, this is the perfect example of how God works all things together for good.

Enjoy the pictures!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Kip and Terri! I loved seeing the pictures. Collin is getting cuter by the day. Can't wait to see you all soon.
-Becca

Cheryl Boyd said...

WOW! Congratulations! I loved looking at the pics and reading a little about the day. It was great to see you over the holidays, Terri, and meet Collin. Hopefully, next time I can see Kip, too.
Much love to you all!
Cheryl

Gay Kelso said...

Thank you for sharing your tender thoughts as Collin's mother and the precious pictures of him. He continues to smile with a zest for life and is obviously a wonderful gift from above. May God's blessings continue to light the path of your family.

Gay Kelso

FemmeMode said...

PRAISE GOD for the 'immeasurably more than you can ask or imagine'~
I just was looking at you courtroom pictures -- I was transported back to our Adoption Day! What a priviledge to swear before God, family and the courts of our country that we'd take care of these little blessings!! It reminded me somewhat of the day I said "I Do" in marrying Russ.
I know you've probably heard this a million times but I'll tell you again. One thing I'll never forget about adoption in the bible -- and why being adopted by God was sooo impactful -- was when adoption took place it was a LIFETIME covenant. They could disown their bloodline...but never an adopted heir.
I am sooo blessed (as I know you are) to be the Mommy of this child God gave me....
Collin is beautiful...vibrant...adorable -- and looks active! I'm sooo thrilled for you and Kip!! CONGRATULATIONS...thanks for sharing your Blog with us!!!
Praisin' our LORD with you....